Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Feast Fest

Hello Everyone!  It's been a week since my last post and I'm experiencing many challenges.  Graham has been traveling more than ever so I'm finding it difficult to keep things going at the gym, at home, and still find time to blog.  Also, spring is proving to be a busy time with many social engagements packed with food, drink, and fun.  I intend to finish what I started but the past couple weeks, the progress has been non-existent.  Easter was no exception.  It was a feast fest to say the least.  My mom hosted brunch and I offered to bring of all things...donuts.  Two dozen of the best donuts in Kansas City, Fluffy Fresh, to be exact.  I've stayed away from Fluffy Fresh for over a year so I'm not sure what kind of temporary crazy possessed me to volunteer to bring my most forbidden food while I'm supposed to be "counting calories".  Of course I indulged.  I had a glazed donut and a creme filled long john.  Seriously, I'm an idiot.  I also ate egg casserole, french toast casserole, and drank a bloody mary.  In addition, every year I pick out a few pieces of candy from Ryder's Easter basket and this year was no exception.  One Reese's Peanut Butter Egg (170 cal for one egg) as well as a packet of chewy sweet tarts, and a piece of sweet tart taffy.  Then, if that wasn't bad enough we went to our neighbors for an evening egg hunt and I drank two margaritas.  After getting home fairly late, we didn't feel up to cooking a meal so we ate a frozen pizza, thin crust California Pizza Kitchen, Chipotle Roasted Veggie Pizza, and baked a couple frozen tortilla crusted tilapia fillets.  How's that for Sunday?  I won't even try to come up with a calorie count.  TERRIBLE!!!  I realize the need for cheat days and special occasion meals but I went off the deep end yesterday.  I weighed this morning and shockingly only gained a little more than half a pound.  Who knows, maybe the fat is still processing and hasn't come through on the scale yet.  Ugh.  This is great timing because I broke down last week and ordered a few swim suits online.  My plan is to try them on using my own mirrors and lighting and return what doesn't work.  Actually, this probably is good timing because there's nothing like trying on swim wear to inspire a second wind in a waning diet.  Due to the holiday, Ryder's out of school today so I'm trying to figure out how to get in a workout even though I don't feel like exercising.  The funny thing about the way I ate yesterday is the incredible fatigue I'm feeling today.  All I want to do is nap.  I feel gross and lethargic.  Interestingly, if you usually eat fairly well, eating crap for an entire day will make you feel awful.  I'm gearing up for a grocery trip and plan to spend a lot of time in the produce section.  Salad, veggies, and fruit is at the top of the list.  I'm planing to make a Cajun chicken pasta from the skinny taste website for dinner tonight.  The dish is loaded with yellow and red bell pepper, baby portabello mushrooms, red onions, garlic, and chicken.  I might even add some broccoli and carrot for extra veggies and reduce the amount of pasta to make it even lighter.  Yummy.  If the recipe is good I'll share it tomorrow.  The other task on the agenda tomorrow....give away all Easter Candy that tempts me.  Ryder likes plain m&m's and those don't excite me so I'll hang on to a few of those for him.  Refocus, refocus, refocus.  I can do this.  One bad day...really a string of bad days over the past week or so...won't kill me.  I can get back on track and finish what I started.  Dinner is my next chance to eat the right things.  Here we go...again.

Food & Fitness Journal:

Breakfast-Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich-egg, cheese, english muffin-200 cal

Snack-Starbucks Latte non-fat with one pump of white mocha-145 cal

Lunch-4 oz fresh smoked turkey (my parents made on their smoker)-152 cal
            1 bag of BBQ Pop Chips-100 cal
            2 mini butter fingers (Still dipping in the Easter candy!!  Candy leaves the house asap)-90 cal
Snack-sugar free cherry Popsicle with Ryder-15 cal

Planning to eat this evening--

Dinner--Cajun Chicken Pasta- 400 cal

This would put me at 1,102 for the day and would give me a few extra calories for some fruit or a glass of wine.

Going to try to squeeze in a workout too but not sure where.  We'll see!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment