Monday, March 19, 2012

BAMF, Meat Cupcakes, and Today's Food & Fitness Journal

First of all thanks to everyone for your concern and inquiries after my "procedure".  Apparently, I'm a bona fide bad ass (or as some say, a BAMF) because the laser hair removal was easy peasy.  I think people who told me how bad it hurt were referring to their pride.  That on the other hand, is still fairly bruised.  I was under the impression you needed to grow a little stubble for best results...this is very much a lie.  After lying with ice on my nether regions until numb the nurse came in, pulled out a $2 Bic razor, and went to town shaving me.  I was both shocked and utterly humiliated.  I apologized profusely and told her it would never happen again.  While hacking away with the plastic razor she proceeded to tell me it was no big deal.  She does it all the time and even men.  These were her words not mine, "shaving a little who-ha is a whole lot easier than shaving balls." I about died.  Anyway, live and learn...I have 5 more treatments.


After chatting recipes at the 9:30am Bootcamp Maxx this morning I was inspired to try a recipe from skinnytaste.com and sample one of her best recipes of 2011.  I landed on Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting.  A little time consuming but overall very tasty and low calorie.  The recipe says it makes 12 cupcakes but I only got 11 and they were small.  I recalculated the calories and two cupcakes are 262 calories.  These are a couple photos of the finished product.  I had to photograph them outside because the lighting in my kitchen is terrible. 


Here's a link to the recipe: http://www.skinnytaste  My only tip is to make sure you thoroughly press the zucchini with paper towels to remove excess water.  I thought I did an okay job but they were still a little watery when baked.  I also used a frosting tip in a Ziplock bag with the corner cut off to pipe the mashed potatoes like frosting.  I was hoping the cupcake appearance would entice my 3-year-old eat turkey, veggies, and potatoes but no dice.  He was not fond of the "meat cupcakes" and was really hoping for a normal cake one with vanilla frosting.  Poor kid.

Today's Food & Fitness Journal: 

Breakfast: English Muffin with egg white and piece of cheese--200 cal

Snack: Latte with non-fat milk, no whip, and one pump of white mocha--145 cal

Lunch: Smoothie King Vanilla Lean 1 protein smoothie--273 cal

Snack: veggie sticks, yogurt dip, a few berries--153

Workout: 5 mile run and 5 :30 sprints at 9.5

Dinner: Spinach Salad w/roasted garlic balsamic dressing--135
             2 Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes--262
             4oz white wine-95

Total Calories: 1,263

No comments:

Post a Comment